Martha Stewart’s American Made

IMG 1372 1024x768 Martha Stewarts American Made

Happy Tuesday!  I try to keep a blog calendar of ideas/crafts/holidays/recipes/events that I plan to blog about each month. The 2014 American Made event took place at the Martha Stewart Omnimedia Headquarters last year on November 7, 2014—so this event has been hanging out on my calendar for nearly 3 months already–so you are in for a treat!

am1 1024x680 Martha Stewarts American Made_DSC0651

This was my second year attending American Made as a Martha’s Circle blogger and the first year the event took place at the MS offices. Take a look at some of the photos from last year’s event here. Even though I’ve been to the MS offices a handful of times, I get tingly all over each time I walk through those doors.  As someone who has been working in the corporate world for the past 8 years, it always amazes me how unexpected life can be–I certainly never thought I would be exactly where I am today.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

For the past three years, the Martha Stewart’s American Made event spotlights the American Made winners and finalists, each of whom are American makers in a wide array of fields, products, and services. The event also provides expert panels with various celebrities, successful business owners, American Made winners, and of course the queen bee herself, Martha Stewart. This year, a few of the panelists included:   Blake Lively (for her work on Preserve), Barbara Corcoran (one of my personal role models), Carolyn Rafaelian (CEO of Alex and Ani), and more.

IMG_1381

While last year I focused my post on the panel presentations–and they are always motivational, business-savvy, and inspiring–this year I was awe-struck by something else: the party the night before. Just like her magazine, the Martha Stewart American Made party was styled to perfection with every detail sprung from the most creative minds in Manhattan. Imagine innovative and colorful presentations—for food, drinks, crafts, flowers, and products. I couldn’t stop taking it all in.  Not to mention, I had just given birth to my daughter Wynn 1 month prior to this event, so I was more than a little thrilled to be out and about.

am2

Case in point: passing various types of caviar on wood trays covered in ice with a separate passed tray containing mini-wooden spoons. Call me overdramatic, but this is brilliant.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

A glimpse of the bar:

_DSC0594

For the food, the room was set up to reflect regional specialties.  The MS team and stylists flew in food and delicacies from all over the US, just to be featured on these tables.

Behold Northeast:

_DSC0569

_DSC0564

Behold, Midwest:

_DSC0523

_DSC0533_DSC0529

_DSC0534

And what’s a cocktail party without the craft table?  My thoughts exactly.

am3

Here’s the craft table and room it was in the day of the Summit:

_DSC0702

_DSC0706

Lunch and mid-day snacks the day of the Summit:

IMG_1386

And, oh, look, a holiday card I created  (a few weeks before this event at the MS offices–see that post here) on display at the Sprout station.  Of course, I had to take a picture…

am4

Beyond the party and decor, another aspect I love about American Made is meeting the different makers and creatives—some of the most interesting, talented, and passionate people you will ever meet. Just being in a crowd like this will get your creative juices flowing.  I had 2 or 3 cocktails with Einav Sharon & Jeff Silva from Brooklyn, makers of Filfil, a hot sauce with Israeli origins.  These two were neighbors who decided to go into business together, and I had the best time swapping experiences with them.  Their hot sauce is phenomenal, even better than Sriacha, and I’ve been devouring it up ever since I was introduced.  Filfil was an honorable mention this year at American Made.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Cleverly, the American Made event also sets ups a separate section each year for shopping the Makers/Winners/Honorable Mentions at the event.  I bought one of these from Twigg’s Bindery almost immediately after meeting artist and owner Jonna Twigg and her sister-in-law, who handmakes (with her team) these beautiful, one-of-a-kind leather books out of Brooklyn.  Everything is ordered online at the event and then shipped to your home free.

_DSC0712

And, finally, here’ s a fun photo of the other Martha’s Circle bloggers at the event: moi, House that Lars Built, Lia Griffith, Flax and Twine, Facci Designs (not pictured), and Budget Savvy Bride (not pictured).

IMG_1360

A few tickets to the American Made are open to the public each year and I highly, highly recommend attending if you are in the NYC area and get the chance to go.  See you there, next year!

xx

jessica

Facebook Share|Tweet Post|Pin Post|Email Post|Link Post
January 28, 2015 - 1:26 pm

Nick #thisyearinmusic - The food does look amazing in those photographs. I feel a bit jealous as I eat my ham and jarlsberg roll…

January 28, 2015 - 4:11 pm

Casey Gardner - You have so many amazing pictures, that it was hard for me to imagine what a spectacular event this is. Your blog is great.

January 28, 2015 - 4:39 pm

Alison - Wow! This sounds like an amazing event…and now I’m hungry…aaanndddd I need to go craft something lol

January 28, 2015 - 4:46 pm

Roslyn Tanner Evans - You should win an award for best recap of the event. I always look forward to your blog posts. You look great, the food looked great, the event did too.

January 28, 2015 - 5:33 pm

Jessica - Roslyn you are too sweet, thanks for the comment and hope you’re well! xx

January 28, 2015 - 5:43 pm

Jessica - lol!

January 28, 2015 - 5:43 pm

Jessica - Thanks Casey xx

January 28, 2015 - 6:47 pm

Corina Ramos - Looks like that was a great event. Thanks for sharing it with us. All the food looks so amazing!

January 28, 2015 - 7:00 pm

Beverley Golden - Looks like quite a luscious event, filled with inspiration and amazing food and drink to savour and enjoy. Thanks for all the fabulous pictures so we all can get a sense of what the experience was like for those who were there.

January 28, 2015 - 7:09 pm

Meryl Hershey Beck - What an amazing event. Thank you for sharing all of the beautiful photos and your experience.

January 28, 2015 - 8:52 pm

Nicole Keener - This must have been so much fun. Was the US out of glitter ?? Because then I want it in my house

January 28, 2015 - 9:12 pm

Tina - Wow! What a marvelous opportunity you had! I’m envious as can be!! Martha Stewart has single-handedly done more for our industry (the floral industry) than any one person. She’s an inspiration and I am honored to say I know someone who has been to the MS office and touched shoulders with her organization.

January 28, 2015 - 9:52 pm

Lorii Abela - Thanks so much for sharing such beautiful photos. What an amazing event! Well-organized or well-managed that it will result into a successful finish!

January 28, 2015 - 9:59 pm

Anthony Ryan - WOW! That looks like an AMAZING event and an even MORE AMAZING experience!!! The food looks incredible!

January 28, 2015 - 10:14 pm

Heather Cameron - The food does look amazing. So does the set up but I’d expect nothing less of Martha S.

January 29, 2015 - 1:14 am

Melissa - Oh, WOW! This looks like an incredible event. How awesome to be a part of it. Your pictures are beautiful, thank you for sharing :)

January 29, 2015 - 4:27 am

touristmeetstraveler - I love Martha Stewart, this looks like such a fun event; I hope you had a great time!

January 29, 2015 - 5:37 am

Sandra - The Foodie Affair - What an awesome event and the FOOD! Wow, I think it would be hard to leave those gorgeous tables :)

January 29, 2015 - 6:18 am

Daniele Holmberg - American Madde looks like such an awesome event! I love your pictures! How cool that you got to see Martha Stewart!

January 29, 2015 - 8:11 pm

Veronica - Wow! That was indeed a great affair! I love the representation of the different regions in the food. Maybe you can invite me next time? Lol

February 2, 2015 - 6:24 am

Julie Wilson - What a great recap of the event. Looks like you had a great time and I loved seeing all the food.

June 9, 2015 - 7:25 pm

Appetizer Party » - […] find the right dishes, utensils, or serving vessels for all the finger foods I wanted to serve.  At Martha Stewart’s American Made event a few months ago, while most people were talking about Blake Lively’s dress, I was asking everyone where they […]

Your email is never published or shared.

M o r e   i n f o