I’m currently writing this post from my small Starbucks table while snow is sprinkling the Washington DC area. But–next week, we’ll be on a warm beach in the Caribbean, so I’m literally counting down the days until sand, sun, and (hopefully) spring!
Today, I’m participating in the 2014 Ringing in Spring Home Tour, hosted by WhatsUrHomeStory. I wanted to keep this post on the simpler side and take a few photos of how I’m transitioning into spring this year, however slowly.
Here are my top 5 ways to get into Spring:
1. Embrace your inner pastel: There are so few acceptable occasions to really whip out the pastels–and spring is one of them. While my spring tablescape last year was green, I’m loving letting loose on the pastel pink and yellow polka dots and blue shellacked eggs.
2. Plant something. Remember my DIY hanging herb garden? Well, it’s really started to take off. Okay, maybe we’re not drowning in basil just yet, but I’m pretty impressed with any amount green in our high-rise condo. Also, don’t forget about all the ways you can display succulents–I even have some that are still alive from last year.
3. Don’t forget about filler flowers. I’ve been displaying more and more filler flowers lately–their simple look is inviting and calming to the eye, and I can’t help but appreciate the cheaper price. Granted, last week, I enjoyed some vibrant pink tulips on the counter in white ceramic vases–but it’s fun to break patterns up.
4. Add some Spring Chotchkies. I never thought I’d be that person putting little birds all over the house, but now I’m SO into it! Here’s a little clip-on bird with faux feathers that I perched on the outside of our DIY chandelier birdcage. I just feel like they sort of keep me company sometimes.
5. Celebrate spring. This is a spring banner that I made as a gift for a loved one last year. Take a picnic, visit a vineyard, pick your own bouquet, frequent a farm, send a homemade happy spring card.
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to scrape the snow off my windshield.
Don’t forget to check out all the other fabulous bloggers on the 2014 Ringing in Spring Home Tour!